Thursday, November 17, 2011

2011 EVS Final Evaluation Seminar - Joe tells all...


Concordia's ex EVS volunteer
Joe who went to Austria
tells all about last weekend's

EVS Final Evaluation Seminar
in Bradford


The seminar was great - there was a big group of participants (I would estimate somewhere around 35 people) but the trainers did a great job of making sure everyone got to know each other. It was great to meet so many other volunteers and hear about their projects and their experiences abroad. In my experience EVS volunteers also tend to be really interesting and fun people to spend time with, and this seminar was no exception. In terms of the seminar itself - my EVS finished over a year ago and I've been busy with plenty of other things since then, so I was unsure if it would be helpful for me to attend an evaluation meeting so long after the end of my project. However despite the late date I actually found it really helpful to spend some time looking back at my experiences of Austria and what I learnt while I was there, and reflecting on how EVS has impacted on me and my plans for the future. We also received information about further mobility opportunities offered by the other strands of the European Commission's life-long learning programme, such as Leonardo or Grundtvig, which I will definitely be looking into! In short it was a great weekend and definitely worth taking part in.

1 comment:

overseas volunteer said...

The organization’s mission is to foster cross-cultural awareness and promote international education. The atmosphere hereby, is always charged with excitement and if you have the passion to learn and work and it also gives an equal opportunity to one and all.