Thursday, June 5, 2014

Susie shares her story with us for Volunteers' Week 2014




"I came across Concordia in the summer of 2011 when looking for an overseas volunteering project in Nepal. From the moment of asking for more details to being in the orphanage Concordia staff could not have been more helpful, friendly and professional. The fact that I had to go on training before I could participate in a project gave me confidence of Concordia’s professional approach, and the training was FANTASTIC!! I met such great, like-minded people and the training was really thought provoking and helped me in my project.

Since 2011, I love every opportunity to be involved with Concordia; having participated in a project in Nepal (which was AMAZING!), assisted Concordia staff in conducting North-South training, been a volunteering coordinator on a UK  project in Sussex, and then assisted with the coordinator training. Ooh, and I also help with the project inputting every year. I always meet fabulous people every time I volunteer and cannot thank the Concordia staff enough for their welcoming and inclusive attitude to volunteering… they always make me feel like I belong there and even when we are busy, we have fun along the way!
Personally and professionally, getting involved with Concordia is one of the most rewarding things I have done and I can’t wait for the next training in June! GET INVOLVED – IT’S GREAT!!"
Susie 2014

No comments: